Friday, April 9, 2010

getting home ready...

actually, I was getting rid of about a ton of dirt that I dug out so that I could pour a slab on our backyard patio about a month ago. yeah, NOT fun at all.

Jen and I are waiting for a car seat bed which we ordered about a week ago so that we can bring our daughter home. It is scheduled to arrive by 4:30 pm. I stopped a UPS truck on our neighborhood earlier today and asked him if he had a shipment for us. He looked it up on his gizmo and said that it must be on a different guy's route. He also mentioned that the other driver usually does the 5 o'clock route. hmmm. I hope that we do not have to wait too long after 4:30.

Rush hour traffic to Roseville would be crazy, but it will not deter us from making the 20 mile drive to get our baby girl.

just doing some last minute cleaning around the house before she gets home. BUT, I don't think that I will EVER finish that feat. The mess goes and comes and goes and comes... and the "honey-doo's" NEVER end, either.

I will be off from work all next week; it will work out great since I will be the primary babysitter until the job market nabs me. If it were up to me, I would be the primary bread winner, but I am thankful for my dear wife for stepping up to the plate and bringing home the bacon. Hey, they wanted equal rights, right... so, no complaining!

I love my wife. I love my baby girl, Belen...

oh yeah. Oreo and Mocha are a handful, as well. I took them to the dog park this morning and we played ball for almost an hour. good times.

1 comment:

  1. The cleaning never gets any easier either. It will just keep on coming. And wait until she's eating solids. Then cleaning takes on a whole new dimension. It's an exciting time and we are happy for you.

    ReplyDelete